The following review written by one of the Software Informer contributors applies to version 1.2
E.M. Total Video Player is a free small-sized tool that will play not only your video files or DVD discs, but also more than a dozen different audio file formats. Without taking hardly any of your system resources, this compact application will play any MP4, WMV, AVI, ASF, MOV, 3GP, SWF, MPG, FLV or GIF file in your computer.
You can also load the subtitles files associated with them, supporting SRT, SUB, SSA, ASS, SMI, PSB, TXT, IDX, USF and XSS files. You can play your DVD movies directly from any DVD disc or from the corresponding VIDEO_TS folder in your computer.
These are some of the features that E.M. Total Video Player offers you for free:
- No need to install any media codec in your computer.
- Full support for the media files used with the most popular portable devices - H264, Zune, Samsung L55W DC, Casio, Kodak CD V550, Apple TV, PSP, iPod, iPhone, and Nokia and Sony cell phones!
- Resize the frame of your movie from 50 to 200%, or go full-screen mode for both 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios!
- Its Playlist Editor will show you which video or audio files are being played, and includes sort, randomize, and filtering capabilities.
- Use its more than 20 hotkeys for quick access to all its possibilities.
- Customize how subtitles will be displayed – fonts, scale, border styles, screen alignment, margins, colours and even the degree of transparency can be fully personalized.
- Play any MP3, AMR, AWB, AC3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG4, AU or FLAC audio file.
- Load M3U playlists to load full albums or your favourite music selections.
And if you want E.M. Total Video Player to become your defaulted media player, you can associate all the media file formats supported, or, if you prefer, only the video or the audio files.